Have you started preparing your home for Christmas yet?
With the arrival of December, Christmas is suddenly feeling rather close, and lots of us will be starting to prepare for the big day in earnest. Whether you want to make indulgent treats, find gift inspiration, or spend time crafting with the kids, it’s always a great idea to take a look at what other people are doing for inspiration.
To help get you in the festive mood, some of the UK’s top bloggers have joined forces to share their ideas for Christmas projects. Read on for my selection of ideas for bringing the outdoors inside this season, plus more brilliant Christmas projects from the others.
Get crafty with some simple pine cone decorations
We love crafting with natural materials (check out my Naturally Crafty linky for lots of ideas), and these colourful pom pom pine cones are a brilliant way to create a real woodland theme on your christmas tree. They’re easy and quick to make, and you can go as colour-clashing or co-ordinated as you want. We’ve also been making some glittery pine cone trees to use as table ornaments, these are a little messier craft-wise but a really lovely family activity for all ages.
Choose the perfect real Christmas tree
It’s hard to beat the impact of a real Christmas tree, but it isn’t a cheap option, so naturally we all want to choose a really good one. When you’re faced with a big assortment of trees to choose from, it can be quite bewildering knowing what to look out for and what to avoid. I’ve pulled together some handy tips on choosing a really good Christmas tree to help you come home with an absolute beauty.
Make homemade gifts with spring bulbs
A homemade gift really hits the spot when it comes to the personal touch. These cute spring bulb pots are a simple, low-cost project which will bring flowers and fragrance into the home in the depths of winter. They make brilliant teacher or nursery presents, and are a great hands-on activity to get the kids involved with – you could even get crafty decorating the pot and create a really personalised gift.
INSPIRING CHRISTMAS PROJECTS – GREAT IDEAS FROM FELLOW BLOGGERS
1. Stephanie at Life at 139a has some some Christmas crafts, find out how (and why) to bleach pine cones, how to make a Christmas wreath, and inspiration for some gorgeous gift tags.
2. Kirsty from Hijacked By Twins is planning every meal including how to use up those precious leftovers. Find out how to make a delicious toppings for the perfect leftover Christmas dinner soup. This recipe will make you want to cook extra just for the leftovers.
3. Caro from The Twinkle Diaries shares a simple idea for creating edible Christmas tree decorations.
4. After inviting family for Christmas Lunch, Morgan at Morgan’s Milieu shares her tips and advice for planning Christmas Lunch for a large number of guests.
5. Jingle Bells, Christmas smells – it really does. Nicky at Not Just The 3 of Us is talking about the memories that Christmas decorations evoke.
6. If you’re anywhere near the UK capital this Winter, Nell from The Pigeon Pair and Me tells you how to enjoy the festive fun of London – for free. She also gives her top picks of Winter family shows, and explains why Christmas with kids is a magical time of the year.
7. Jane at Maflingo has great ideas for festive treats to make with the kids this Christmas. Find out how to make Santa Fruit Skewers and Festive Chocolate Pretzels.
8. Jocelyn at The Reading Residence is sharing some fun and easy Christmas crafts for children. Find out how to create a Christmas centrepiece, a festive arty keepsake and make kids placemats.
Have we inspired you to get started on your Christmas preparation? Let me know what you get up to!