What’s your favourite colour?
That’s a question I get asked a lot at the moment; Lily is very into colouring right now, and seeks my opinion on pretty much a daily basis. My answer is always green, followed by her current favourite in second place to keep her happy!
I’ve always loved the colour green. I suppose when I think about it, that’s probably a big part of why I love gardening and plants so much; it gives me a chance to submerge myself in a world of lush green leaves and vibrant colour. I love bringing green indoors too, with houseplants, home accessories, and even the contents of my wardrobe. Can you tell I quite like green?!
So as you can probably guess, I’m loving the 2017 Pantone of the Year: Greenery. Here’s what the Pantone Colour Institute have to say about it:
This colour is just so perky, isn’t it? It makes me think of granny smiths, pristine lawns, and fresh mint leaves rubbed between your fingers. Above all else, it says ‘spring’ to me, and all the new life and fresh starts that promises. Wouldn’t it be perfect for livening up your living space?
As part of their Home Experts programme, Wayfair have challenged me to do just that, so here’s my take on how to use Greenery to revamp your living room.
1. Meridianus Green Area Rug I love this smart geometric design, and it’s reversible too which is a bonus in a busy family home.
2. Nancy End Table This fab little side table complements the contemporary look I’m going for, and the colour is perfect. The fact that you can fold it away makes it great for small spaces too.
3. Monstera Leaves Framed Graphic Art This print really embodies the Greenery vibe, I love how the bold but simple design brings a touch of the tropical into the mix.
4. Megapolis Table Lamp If it’s just a touch of colour you’re after, this cute little lamp is a great option. I’ve got my eye on this for my desk!
5. Scatter Cushion This gorgeous printed cushion is another simple way to get the greenery look. Wouldn’t it be a great complement to the wall art too?
6. Lacoma 3 Seater Sofa Perfect colour, clean lines, and a little retro nod – brilliant! There’s also a two seater option for smaller spaces.
7. Sacchetta Vase I’m a big fan of simple vases, I think they’re the best way to really showcase beautiful flowers or foliage. With it’s gorgeous flowing shape and bold colour, this vase is proof that simple can still be stunning.
8. Alamak Desk Top Plant in Decorative Planter Of course, plants are a brilliant way to bring a touch of the Greenery trend to your interiors. They’re great for adding colour, texture and a focal point to your overall scheme, and you can move them around to keep things interesting. If you’re not the green-fingered sort, this cute little faux succulent is perfect.
What do you think of my selection – have I got you fired up to add some greenery into your home? I’m certainly feeling inspired to bring a bit more of the the outdoors inside! If you’d like some more ideas on using Greenery in the home you can check out Wayfair’s suggestions here.
What are your tips for revamping your space with Greenery?
Pin this for later:
I’m delighted to be working with Wayfair this year, as part of their ‘Home Experts’ programme. Look out for lots more interiors inspiration over the next 12 months!