Prepare to embark on a journey through the colourful and vibrant world of art humour with these funny art puns and art jokes.
The best art puns and art jokes
Whether you’re a seasoned artist, an art aficionado, or simply someone who appreciates a good laugh, this roundup of the funniest art puns will paint a smile across your face.
Sharpen your pencils, and get ready to brush up on your laughter skills with this gallery of art-inspired jokes that are sure to draw out some giggles.
Funny art jokes
Let’s kick off the creativity with some great art jokes.
1. What did the canvas say to the paint? “Stop brushing me off!”
2. What do you call a drawing of a cow? A moo-sterpiece.
3. Why did the pencil go to school? It wanted to improve its “lead”ership skills.
4. What did the student say when the art teacher asked her why she was staring at an empty piece of paper? “I’m drawing a blank.”
5. What do you call a painting by a cat? A purr-trait.
6. Who’s the king of the pencil case? The ruler.
7. Can you name a famous barnyard painter? Vincent van Goat or Pablo Pigcaso.
8. What do pirates do in their free time? They make arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.
9. Where do vampires go to buy their art supplies? Pencil-vania.
10. What do you call a drawing of a dog? A pet-encil sketch.
11. What’s an artist’s motto? “Let’s paint the town red!”
12. Why was the pencil such a good comedian? It knew how to draw out laughter.
13. What did the art thief say to the museum curator? Give me all your Monet.
14. Did you see the display of still-life art? It wasn’t at all moving.
There are lots of funny artist jokes and artist puns out there – here are our favourites.
15. What’s an artist’s favourite fruit? Draw-berries.
16. How does an artist get into a secret society? They draw the right conclusions.
17. Why did the artist go to therapy? To sketch out their problems.
18. How did the artist win the painting prize? They had strokes of genius.
19. What was the artist’s favourite swimming stroke? The brushstroke.
20. What is Salvador Dali’s favourite thing to eat for breakfast? A bowl of surreal.
21. Why did the artist bring a pencil to bed? To draw the curtains.
22. What kind of shoes do artists wear? Sketchers.
23. What do famous artists do when they make a mistake? They face the mosaic.
24. Why did the artist add sugar to their paint? To make it more palatable.
25. How do old artists get around? Quite easel-y.
26. What’s an artist’s favourite vegetable? Arti-choke.
27. How did the portrait artist find the missing paintbrush? They brushed up on their detective skills.
28. Why do people like talking to artists? Because they make good canvas-ation.
29. How does a true artist write their CV? They draw from their experience.
30. Why did the artist bring a ladder to the art gallery? To take their art to new heights.
31. How does an angry artist fight? He challenges his rival to a doodle.
32. What did the artist feel like when he first visited the famous Paris art museum? It was Louvre at first sight.
33. How do artists stay cool? They find shade in their drawings.
34. What’s an Etch A Sketch artist’s worst nightmare? An earthquake.
35. Why don’t artists like to get in trouble? They fear the pen-alties.
36. How does an artist make a good first impression? They draw on their charm.
37. How do you support a sad artist? Give them a shoulder to crayon.
38. Why did the artist break up with their easel? It wasn’t a stable relationship.
39. How does an artist apologise? They draw back their words.
40. Why did the artist get into landscaping? They wanted to draw closer to nature.
41. How does an artist sign their emails? Best brushes.
42. Why did the artist need a bank loan? Because they had no Monet.
43. Did you hear about the artist that always took things too far? She didn’t know where to draw the line.
44. How did one artist say hello to another artist? “Yellow!”
Painter jokes and painter puns
Add some colour to your gags with these silly painter jokes.
45. Why did the painter go to jail? Because they were framed.
46. What did the painter say to the wall? “I’ve got you covered!”
47. Why is it hard to talk to an abstract painter? Because they never go into detail.
48. What do you tell a painter who just had a breakup? “Try to brush it off.”
49. Why was the paintbrush so popular at school? It knew how to draw attention.
50. What does a painter do when he gets cold? He puts on another coat.
51. How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb? A fish.
52. Why is it hard to tell when a famous painter is sad? Because they mask it well.
53. How did Leonardo Da Vinci never go hungry at night? He painted The Last Supper.
54. Why can mathematicians never become painters? Because their art is derivative.
55. Why was the world’s greatest painter’s wardrobe so small? They only ever needed one coat.
56. What happened when a ship carrying red paint collided with a ship carrying blue paint? Both crews were marooned.
57. What’s a paintbrush’s favourite exercise? Brush strokes.
More funny jokes about art
Still hungry for a good joke about art? Read on!
58. I asked my art teacher how to draw people. He suggested I work on my personality.
59. What’s it called when someone mis-labels a colour? False ac-hue-sation.
60. Where do cows hang their paintings? In an art moo-seum.
61. What does a mummy colour wheel say to a baby colour wheel when it gets cheeky? “Don’t use that tone with me.”
62. It’s amazing that the ancient Greek sculptors made statues without arms. How did they hold the tools?
63. Why did the statue go to school? It wanted to be a little boulder.
64. Why was the sculpture always in demand? It had a chiseled look.
65. When should you fix a famous painting? When it’s Baroque.
66. I failed my art exam using the wrong pencil… I guess it wasn’t 2B.
Clever art puns
The world of art provides a whole palette of potential when it comes to good puns!
67. Look the art
68. Don’t get me arted
69. Breaking my art
70. Off to a bad art
71. Don’t upset the apple art
72. Break the muse
73. No muse is good muse
74. Ill at easel
75. A daub hand
76. Return to render
77. Bits and masterpieces
78. A day in the life drawing
79. Cut a long storyboard short
80. All things maestro pass
81. Scene as a whistle
82. Anything pose
83. Claim to frame
84. A household frame
85. I frame, I saw, I conquered
86. Hall of frame
87. Head for the quills
88. Quill at ease
89. Ink and you’ll miss it
90. Go for stroke
91. Blast from the pastel
92. Varnish into thin air
93. Bridge over troubled watercolour (more water puns here)
94. In primer condition
95. All in a clay’s work
96. Airbrush it off
97. Art blanche
98. A change of art
99. In the comfort tone
100. On the home sketch
More puns about art
101. Paint sized
102. Seven year etch
103. A pigment of your imagination
104. Kick art your day
105. Make a fresh art
106. Sketched in stone
107. Face the mosaic
108. Mosaic to my ears
109. Chalk full of problems
110. Fighting chalk
111. Paint no mountain high enough
112. It paint over ’til it’s over
113. If it paint broke, don’t fix it
114. Not how you portrait it
115. Colour instinct
116. One art cookie
117. Flash in the pen
118. Now and pen
119. Hard to pen down
120. Look hue’s talking
121. Good things come to those hue wait
122. You know hue
123. Right back at hue
124. Bite off more than you can hue
125. Hue and far between
126. Bless hue
127. Once in a hue moon
128. I don’t have a hue
129. Jump the hue
130. Hue in the face
131. An artwork in progress
Painting puns for art lovers
132. Be still my beating art
133. Shade a tear
134. Shade away
135. Shade light on the matter
136. Make the shade
137. So shade back
138. Design draw
139. Draw dropping
140. Draw a line in the sand
141. Luck of the draw
142. Draw things to a close
143. A draw deal
144. Drawing a blank
145. The last draw
146. Fight tooth and draw
147. The crack of drawn
148. Always darkest before the drawn
149. Brand new drawn
150. All drawn and no brain
151. Absence makes the art grow fonder
152. Take the tint
153. Read the small tint
154. Hot under the colour
155. Wonders never cerise
156. Live to tell the teal
157. Be that as it grey
158. For gold time’s sake
159. Pros and bronze
160. Rose and shine
161. White the dust
162. One in a vermillion
163. Hanging by a red
164. Breathe a cyan of relief
165. For lilac of a better option
166. From taupe to toe
167. In the pink of an eye
168. Against the green
169. Get a mauve on
170. Going to brown
171. Don’t have a blue
172. Jade back
173. Long saffron
174. You had me at yellow
One last funny art pun to make you smile
175. I used to do fine arts, until I decided I didn’t like the arts. Now I’m doing just fine.
We hope these art puns and art jokes have added a splash of colour to your day and sketched a smile on your face!🎨 🖌️✨
More hilarious jokes and puns
For more family-friendly funnies, take a look at these articles: