Dive into a sea of laughter as we cast our net far and wide to bring you a boatload of fin-tastic fish puns!
Whether you’re a seasoned sea-life enthusiast, or just a casual observer of aquatic humour, our collection of fish jokes is sure to make your day a little brighter.
The best fish jokes and funny fish puns
We’ve netted a bumper haul of fish jokes and the very best fish puns to make you smile. There’s also a shoal of fish captions to make your social media posts stand out.
Are you ready to have a whale of a time with the best fish jokes in the sea?
Funny fish jokes for kids
Let’s get started and make some waves of laughter with some funny fish jokes.
1. What’s the most expensive fish in the world? A goldfish.
2. How do fish communicate? They drop each other a line.
3. Where do baby fish go every morning? Plaice school.
4. What kind of fish is the most famous? The starfish.
5. What do you call a fish with no eyes? Fsh.
6. Why was the fish always so well-behaved? Because it had good schooling.
7. What do you get when you cross a fish and an elephant? Swimming trunks.
8. How do fish get online? They use the fishnet.
9. What do you call a fish who loves to tell jokes? A clownfish.
10. Where do fish sleep? In a riverbed.
11. How do you tuna fish? Adjust its scales.
12. Which country can every fish trace its roots back to? Finland.
13. How do shellfish take photos? With a clam-era.
14. What did the shark say when he ate a clownfish? “This tastes a little funny.”
15. What’s the final frontier for fish astronauts? Trout-er space.
16. Who is the most well-known fish spy? James Pond.
17. What do fish use to make telephone calls? A shell phone.
18. Where do fish sing? The choral reef.
19. What fish goes up the river at 100mph? A motor pike.
20. What do you call a fish who practices medicine? A brain sturgeon.
21. What’s the worlds laziest fish? The kipper.
Silly fish jokes
These silly fish jokes are off the hook!
22. What’s a fish’s favourite instrument? The bass guitar or the bass drum.
23. What’s a fish’s favourite TV show? Whale of Fortune.
24. What’s a fish’s favourite type of music? Sole.
25. What’s a fish’s favourite part of a meal? The fin-ish.
26. What did the dentist say to the anxious shark? Jaws relax.
27. What do you call a fish that can’t sing? Tuna deaf.
28. How can you tell if a blowfish has been working out? It looks very puff.
29. What do you call a fish wearing a suit? So-fish-ticated.
30. Why do some fish live at the bottom of the ocean? Because they dropped out of school.
31. What’s a whale’s favourite Bond film? Licence to Krill.
32. What’s a fish’s favourite song? I Whale Always Love You.
33. What do you call a whale that can fly? A pilot whale.
34. How do young fish get to school? On the octo-bus.
35. What do you get if you combine eight fish and a cat? An octo-puss.
36. Why do fish always know how much they weigh? Because they have their own scales.
37. Who’s the best member of a fish band? The bass player.
38. What did the fish say when it swam into a concrete wall? Oh dam!
39. Why did the fish swim across the reef? To get to the other tide.
40. What’s a squid’s biggest fault? It inks too much.
41. Why didn’t the prawn share her toys? She was shellfish.
More jokes about fish
No need to flounder when it comes to giggles – take a look at these fin-tabulous jokes about fish.
42. How do you make a fish laugh? Tell a whale of a tale.
43. Why do fish get bad grades in school? Because they’re always swimming below “sea” level.
44. How do you break bad news to a fish? You say “Sorry to burst your bubble”.
45. What’s a fish’s favourite social media app? Fishbook.
46. Where do whales go to get braces? The orca-dontist.
47. What did one fish say to the other in the dating pond? “I’m hooked on you.”
48. What do you call a fish that wears a crown? A king fish.
49. How do fish go into business? They start on a small scale.
50. Which fish has the worst haircut? The mullet.
51. What’s the difference between a fish and a piano? You can’t tuna fish.
52. What do you call a fish priest? A holy mackerel.
53. How do fish like their burgers? Whale done.
54. What do you get if you cross an abbot with a trout? A monkfish.
55. What currency do dolphins use? Sand dollars.
56. What did the waiter say when the man complained that his fish tasted funny? “But you ordered the clownfish sir.”
57. What has eight arms and tells the time? A Clock-topus.
58. What do you call octopus twins? I-tentacle.
Even more fish jokes
Let’s reel in a few more punny fish gags…
59. What kind of fish is made of only two sodium atoms? 2 Na (tuna).
60. What do you get when you cross a snowman and a shark? Frostbite.
61. How do you congratulate a fish? You say “Whale done”.
62. What does a fish wear to keep warm? A shoal.
63. Why did the fish blush? Because the sea weed.
64. Where do fish go to borrow money? A loan shark or a river bank.
65. When should a fish go to the optician? When they have trouble sea-ing.
66. Why did the two fish have to be separated? They were about to have a roe.
67. How do you make an octopus laugh? Ten-tickles.
68. How do fish change a light bulb? They call in an electric eel.
69. What did the fish say when he couldn’t stop complaining? “Sorry, I don’t mean to carp.”
70. What’s a whale’s favourite candy? Blubber gum.
71. What do you call a fish who loves playing piano? A piano tuna.
72. What did one fish say to the other at the party? “You’re a real catch!”
73. What did the fish say when his friends kept making annoying puns? “I’m outta this plaice!”
Funny fishing jokes
Channel your inner angler with these fishing jokes.
74. Why did the fisherman stop playing the violin? Because it was out of tuna.
75. Why are fish so smart at avoiding fishermen? Because they live in schools.
76. What do you call a pod of musical whales? An orca-stra.
77. Why did the fish blush? Because it saw the ocean’s bottom.
78. What does the Loch Ness Monster like to eat? Fish and ships.
79. What do fish sleep on? A water bed. (we’ve got lots more water jokes)
80. What type of fish only comes out at night? Starfish.
81. What’s a fish’s favourite TV channel? The Fishing Network.
Brilliant fish captions for instagram and TikTok
Take your fish snaps to a new level with these fish captions.
82. Cod we be friends?
83. I’ve been herring rumours
84. No fin left to give
85. Let me mullet over
86. On fin ice
87. No plaice like home
88. Don’t get snapper with me
89. Having so much fin
90. There’s some-fin going on
91. I’m your biggest fin
92. The finniest thing
93. Vanished into fin air
94. Very finny
95. Any-fin is possible
96. You octopi my heart
97. I’m a pacifisht
98. Sounds fishy to me
99. I need to blow minnows
100. A tench atmosphere
101. Don’t be koi
102. It came as such a shark
103. Looking a gill-ion dollars
104. Drop the bass
105. Shrimply irresistible
106. Reel me in
107. What’s the catch?
108. You gotta be squidding me
109. Don’t be shellfish
110. Sharking responsibility
111. Just krilling
112. Keep your friends close, anemones closer
113. You’ve been schooled
114. Stop clown fishing around
115. Salmon had to say it
116. Everything whale be alright
117. Oh whale
118. This must be the plaice
119. I’m outta this plaice
120. Carp diem
Fin-tastic fish puns
How about a shoal of clever fish puns to spark an ocean of laughter?
121. Around the tunaverse
122. A great oppor-tuna-ty
123. Tuna in next time
125. Scale it back
126. No trout
127. Mussel up
128. Flex your mussel
129. Pull a mussel
137. Any fin goes
138. Sole survivor
139. Heart and sole
140. I feel it in my sole
141. You’ve got sole
142. Dear cod
143. Walk the plankton
145. Clam down
146. For heaven’s hake
147. Snapper out of it
150. So tenta-cool
Silly fishing puns
152. Having a reely good day
153. In a reel-ationship
154. Such a reel-ief
156. I can reel-ate
157. Visiting reel-atives
158. Fishing for compliments
159. Don’t trout yourself
160. You’re kraken me up
161. It’s all reel-ative
169. Carping on
170. Feeling kipper
More good fish puns
177. That’s gill-iant
179. Let minnow
181. Cod shoulder
182. A funny eeling
183. Just squidding
184. Aiding and a-bait-ing
186. The last craw
187. Not too crabby
188. For cod’s sake
189. That’s krilling
190. Krill seeker
191. You’re krilling me
192. Krill out
193. Take a krill pill
194. Salmon up the strength
195. Stop in the name of the claw
196. Hard of herring
197. For the halibut
198. You’re fin-ished
199. I’ve haddock enough
A final brilliant fish pun
200. These silly fish puns and fish jokes are reely off the scales!
We hope these fishy jokes, underwater witticisms and list of fish puns have reeled you in and left you with a smile as wide as a whale’s. Make sure you bookmark them for your next watery adventure!
More family-friendly fun
Keep the good fun going with these great resources: