Get ready to tickle your funny bone with this collection of family-friendly skull puns!
The best skull puns to tickle your funny bone
This bumper roundup of bone-tickling humour is perfect for family fun, halloween giggles, and spooky social media posts.
From puns that dance around the concept of craniums, to clever quips that embrace the silly side of skulls, these jokes are sure to keep you in stitches and give you a great time.
So, whether you’re a fan of wordplay or simply looking for some lighthearted fun, get ready to fill your skull with over 120 funnies 😀
Skull puns to entertain the kids
Have a giggle with these rib-tickling skull jokes.
1. What’s the best way to make a skull laugh? Tickle its funny bone.
2. Why was the skull lonely? It had no-body.
3. What’s a skull’s least favourite room in the house? The living room.
4. What do you call a skull that stayed in the freezer too long? A numbskull.
5. Why do skulls love Halloween? Because the treats are so crani-yum.
6. How did the skull win the talent show? It had an unbeatable “bone”-afide act.
7. What’s a skeleton’s favourite plant? A bone-zai tree.
8. How do you imprison a skull? Put him in a rib cage.
9. What do you call a skull who goes to school but doesn’t do any work? Lazy bones.
10. Why are skulls so calm? Because nothing gets under their skin.
11. Why did the skull go to the doctor? It had a splitting headache.
12. Where do young skulls go to study? Elementary skull.
13. What happened to the skull who sat by the fire too long? He became bone dry.
14. Why did the skull like their employer? Because the skull-ture was great.
15. How did the skeleton get into the top university? It won a skull-arship.
Dad jokes about skulls
Need a good dad joke? These skull puns are guaranteed to be met with a groan!
16. What happened when the skeleton ran into the duck? He got his skull quacked.
17. Where do skulls stay when they go on holiday? In bone-galows.
18. Who won the skull beauty contest? No body.
19. Why does a skull never win an argument? Because it doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
20. Why are skulls always successful? Because they know how to get a-head.
21. How did the skull know it was going to rain? He could feel it in his bones.
22. Why did the skull want a friend? Because he was feeling bonely.
23. How do you release a skull from prison? Use a skeleton key.
24. What do you call it when you get two skulls for the price of one? A bone-dle deal.
25. How do you call a skull? On his cell bone.
26. What did the skull make out of origami? A crane-ium.
27. What do you call a skull who rings the doorbell? A dead ringer.
28. How much does a pile of skulls weigh? A skeleTON.
29. How do skulls greet each other in France? Bone Jour.
30. I own a real human skull. I’d take it out and show you, but I’m using it right now.
More silly skull jokes and skeleton puns
31. What’s a skull’s favourite song? “Bad to the bone”.
32. What’s a skull’s second favourite song? “Bone to be wild”.
33. What’s a skull’s third favourite song? “I ain’t got no body.”
34. Why didn’t the skull go to the dance? Because he had no body to dance with.
35. What did the skull say to the other skull when it was angry? You’re dead to me.
36. What kind of TV does a skull watch? A skelevision.
37. What’s a skeleton’s favourite thing to do with their cell phone? Take skelfies.
38. Why did the skull apply for a job at the computer company? It wanted to learn about “bite”-sized information.
39. What job on a construction site is best suited to a skull? Cranium operator.
40. Why does a skull make a good manager? Because it’s a natural bone leader.
41. What did the skulls say before eating their dinner? Bone appetit!
42. Why did the skull go to the library? To bone up on its reading skills.
43. What’s a skull’s favourite element? Car-bone.
44. How did the skull reprimand their kids? They skull-ded them.
45. What do you call a lie told by a skull? A fibula.
Even more skull jokes!
46. What dishes do skulls like eat from? Bone china.
47. What do you call a skull who’s always late? A bone-fide procrastinator.
48. What’s a skeleton’s favourite instrument? The trom-bone.
49. What’s a skeleton’s second favourite musical instrument? A sax-a-bone.
50. What’s a skeleton’s third favourite instrument? The xylobone.
51. What type of art do skeletons like? Skulltures.
52. Why can’t skulls fly over Area 51? It’s a no-fly-bone.
53. What kind of jokes do skulls tell? Humerus ones.
54. How do you make a skeleton laugh? Tell it a rib-tickling joke.
55. Why did the skull enrol in an art class? He was aiming for a gallery showing of his skull-ptures.
56. How do skulls stay calm? They keep their cool even when things get bony.
57. What did the skull say to the detective? “I’m just here to lend a helping head!”
58. What do you call a group of musical skulls? A deadication of musicians.
59. Why did the skull start a band? Because it had great head-banging potential.
60. Who won the race between the skeleton and the skull? The skull, it had a head start.
Rib-tickling skull puns
61. What did the skeleton say when he almost dropped his skull? “Phew, nearly lost my head there!”
62. How do skulls send messages? Through their jaw-dropping text messages.
63. What kind of birds do skulls like best? Sea skulls.
64. What do you call a skull with no friends? Bonely.
65. Why did the skull go to prison? Because he was bad to the bone.
66. Who is a skull’s favourite historical figure? Napoleon Bone-a-part.
67. What do you say to a skeleton who’s leaving on a trip? Bone voyage!
68. What’s a skull’s favourite rock band? The Grateful Dead.
69. What’s a skull’s second favourite rock band? Bone Jovi.
70. Why did the skull student stay late at medical school? He was boning up for his exam.
71. What’s a skull’s favourite type of dance? The head-banger.
72. Why didn’t the skull laugh at the joke? Because he didn’t have a funny bone.
73. What type of candy sent the skull to the hospital? Jawbreakers.
74. What’s a skeleton’s favourite shellfish? Mus-skulls.
75. What did the skull say when it won the race? “I guess I had a head start!”
76. What’s a skull’s favourite holiday? Hallowe’en.
Still hungry for more?
77. What do you call a skull that looks exactly the same as another skull? Dead ringer.
78. What do you call a skeleton who goes out in the snow? A numb-skull.
79. What did the skull say when it won the lottery? “I’m feeling bone-afide lucky!”
80. Why couldn’t the skull get out of bed? It was bone tired.
81. What did the skull say to the vampire? “You suck.”
82. How do skulls keep track of their appointments? With a skull-endar.
83. How do skulls express their love for each other? “I am head over heels for you.”
84. Who is the most famous skull detective? Sherlock Bones.
85. Why did the skull start a podcast? It had a lot of brainy ideas to share.
86. How did skulls send mail in the old days? They used the bony express.
87. Why do skulls go to the gym? To develop their mu-skulls.
88. Who won the race between the skull and the skeleton? The skull, it was just ahead.
89. What’s a skull’s favourite yoga position? The headstand.
90. What do skulls use to get into their homes? A skeleton key.
91. There’s not much to this skull joke. It’s bare bones.
Funny skull puns
Enjoy some skull-themed wordplay with these silly skull puns.
92. Perfectly skull-pted
93. Just skull-king around
94. Bone to be wild
95. Social skulls
97. A beautiful skull-pture
98. Getting a skull-ding
99. A person of many skulls
100. Looking rather mu-skull-ar
101. This skull candy is so crani-yum
102. An a-bone-dance of skulls
103. Skull’s out
104. Let’s skull-idify our plans
105. Don’t let the situation e-skull-ate
106. Luck of the jaw
107. Very skullful
108. Con-skull-idating everything into one
109. I’m skull-tivating my look
110. Stand skull
111. Life skulls
112. A bone-afide skull pun
113. Elementary skull
114. Very skull-tured
115. University skull-arship
116. Nearly lost my head
117. Working on my mus-skulls
118. Getting a head start
119. A-head of the game
120. Head over heels
121. These skull puns have gone to my head 🤣
And there you have it, a fantastic assortment of family-friendly skull puns to give your funny bone a good laugh workout! From cranium capers to bone-tickling punchlines, we hope these great jokes brought heaps of fun and giggles to your day.
More spooky puns and family fun
For more fun on a spooky theme, check out these articles:
See the funny side of spooky season and get your Halloween party going with this selection of great Halloween jokes. There are lots of funny skeleton jokes and hilarious bone puns, plus loads of kid-friendly gags about ghosts, bats, witches, vampires and pumpkins.
This roundup of inspiring, cute and sinister Halloween quotes will help you become a bone-afide Halloween professional. There’s even a few on a skeleton theme. They make great Halloween instagram captions too.
This fairy house pumpkin tutorial is perfect for younger children and not at all scary!
Turn those Halloween pumpkins into a tasty treat for local wildlife with this pumpkin bird feeder tutorial.
More great family jokes
We’ve got loads more family-friendly puns and jokes for you to enjoy. Here are a few of our favourite puns roundups.