Welcome to the second post in my collaboration with Wayfair. I’m thrilled to be working with them this year as part of their Home Experts programme, and will be sharing lots of interiors inspiration over the next 12 months.
I’ve already had lots of fun with my first challenge, looking at how to revamp your space with the pantone colour of the year, ‘Greenery’. It’s such a vibrant, energising colour, and given my love affair with plants and all things leafy I was in my element!
For my second feature, Wayfair have asked me to share my favourite products from their site. We’re in the early stages of planning a new kitchen with open-plan living and dining space, so this was the perfect opportunity to get some inspiration.
I’ve been looking forward to this project for years, and have already decided to go for a modern scandinavian look; I’m thinking simple, clean lines and plenty of light, with natural textures and pops of colour to bring the whole room to life.
Interiors magazines and Pinterest are always a good bet when you’re planning a room revamp, but I’ve also recently discovered the ‘Inspiration’ section of Wayfair’s site and I’m hooked. It’s brilliant for exploring different interiors styles and projects, I find something new and inspiring every time I visit!
So, after a lovely afternoon of online retail therapy, here are my six blogger’s picks for creating a relaxed family kitchen diner on a modern scandi theme.
1. Aspen Dining Chair I love the way this fab dining chair combines clean lines and natural texture. They’ll be really practical for a busy family home too.
2. Bistro & CO Kainuu Acacia Mezze Serving Board This is just so tactile! I love the mix of smooth natural wood and pure white ceramic – perfect for relaxed modern dining.
3. Domas 1 Light Bowl Pendant With it’s sleek curves, metallic finish and minimalist design, this gorgeous pendant light will really bring a touch of luxury to the room. For real wow factor I’d like a row of three over the dining table.
4. Cushion Cover (Set of 6) This fab set of six geometric cushion covers are such an easy way to add a pop of colour and modern styling to your home. I like the idea of mixing and matching the geometric patterns to really build up the effect, although with six in the set you could easily give more than one room the modern scandinavian look.
5. Emilio 3 Seater Sofa The perfect mix of neutral colour and simple styling. This will really complement the look I’m going for, and it’s a generous size too.
6. Germaine Scandi Graphic Art Geometric patterns are great for adding colour and contrast to a modern room scheme, and framed prints are an easy way to incorporate the trend. I love the way this Germaine graphic print combines bold monochromes with gentler pastels.
What do you think of my selection – have I inspired you to embrace the modern scandinavian look in your home? My picks are just a tiny sample of the huge range available at Wayfair, and whatever look you’re going for it’s easy to find the perfect products for your own space. Pop over and take a look for yourself!
Pin this for later:
I’m delighted to be working with Wayfair this year, as part of their ‘Home Experts’ programme. Look out for lots more interiors inspiration over the next 12 months.