This is a collaborative post in partnership with hydria.
Do you like the idea of adding a water feature to your home, but worry that doing so will involve lots of hassle?
A water feature can look stunning and also be beneficial to local wildlife, but there’s no denying the fact that installing one usually requires a fair amount of effort. Traditional water features – even small ones – rely on a power supply or solar panel to operate, plus they need plumbing into a water supply.
hydria is a new and innovative fountain kit that sidesteps all of the faff and allows you to create a unique water feature in minutes, without the need for plumbing, wires, or solar panels.
I’ve been trying out hydria over the last few weeks – read on to find out more about the product. I’ve also got a kit to give away to one lucky reader, so make sure you enter the giveaway at the end of this feature.
Hydria fountain kit
hydria is designed to be used in a pot. As long as the pot diameter is 30cm or above, you can use whatever pot you like.
The hydria fountain kit retails at £199.99 and contains the components you need to set up and maintain your water feature. All you have to add is your pot, plus any decoration you’d like to arrange on the top of the fountain.
How does the Hydria water feature kit work?
The hydria fountain is powered by a rechargeable battery located within the unit. State of the art battery and power management technology are used to deliver an impressive runtime of up to two months on a single charge.
When you need to recharge the battery, it’s quick and easy to remove the top section of the unit.
Setting up Hydria
Before you setup hydria you need to fully charge the battery, this takes about eight hours. Once the battery is charged, setup is very straightforward.
The unit ideally needs to sit flush with the top of your pot, so you may need to add some sand or soil to raise it to the correct level. Once this is done, you position the water pool on top, fill it with water, attach your choice of fountain head to the battery unit and submerge it, keeping the fountain head above the surface.
The display plate goes on next, followed by your decorations.
You can use hydria indoors, outdoors, or a mix of both. If you use a lightweight pot it’s easy to move it around, so you can enjoy it in different locations. I’ve set mine up in our open plan living area at the moment.
I used sand in my pot base, then added some decorative stones and gravel on the top.
You can use whatever you want to decorate the top of your water feature; glass beads, mosaic tiles, and decorative stones all work well.
hydria is operated via a remote control. This gives you lots of options on the water display.
You can vary the height of the fountain to suit the size of your pot and the overall effect. There are also two different fountain heads to choose from: cascade and sprinkler.
The unit has built-in LED lights, so you can add a range of colours to the display. This looks particularly impressive in the dark.
You also have three optional timer settings that automatically limit the operation time.
I like the fact that you can play around with the settings so easily; it allows you to change the mood and impact of the water fountain instantly whenever you feel like a change.
With a traditional outdoor water feature, you don’t really get the benefit in the colder months of the year when you’re not spending much time outdoors, but hydria allows you to enjoy a water feature all year round. I like the idea of having it indoors over winter, then moving it to the patio for the warmer months.
What I like about Hydria
- Easy setup. It took me about half an hour to create my water feature, and the vast majority of this time was filling the pot with sand and arranging the stones on the top. There really is very little in the way of component setup.
- Quality. All the components feel well-made and of high quality.
- Indoor/outdoor use. I love the fact that this product can be used wherever you want, all year round. You don’t even need a garden to enjoy this water feature.
- Flexibility. The fact that you can use pretty much any pot makes the hydria kit really flexible. Being able to change the pot and decorations whenever you want is a big plus too; you’re not tied to your original setup, and don’t have to buy another kit to enjoy a completely different look.
- Low maintenance. You won’t be constantly charging the battery, and cleaning is pretty minimal too.
- Range of functions. The range of nozzles and light functions allow you to change the mood and enjoy your water feature in lots of different ways. You can also buy additional decorative fountain heads, including Christmas-themed designs to give your fountain a festive makeover.
- Low cost to run. The smart remote and timer control allows you to save energy by maximising each battery charge. A single charge gives you two months of use if you select the two-hour daily timer.
- Great for creating a relaxed mood. We’re finding that having a water feature indoors is really relaxing; the gently flowing water is very calming to look at and listen to.
Hydria: my verdict
I’m impressed with this little kit. It may be a simple product to setup and run, but there’s a wealth of clever technology and features that make it a really innovative and modern fountain kit. The team behind the product have taken all of the hassle out of the setup and running, and created a truly flexible water feature that can even be used by households who don’t have any outdoor space.
If you’d like to enjoy a compact, low maintenance water feature – indoors or outside – hydria is ideal. Whereabouts would you use it in your home?
Win a Hydria water feature kit worth £199.99
I’m giving away a hydria fountain kit worth £199.99. To enter, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
GIVEAWAY CLOSES 6TH NOVEMBER 2022
UK ENTRIES ONLY
FULL T&C’S IN THE RAFFLECOPTER ABOVE
I was supplied with a hydria fountain kit for review purposes. hydria are also providing one fountain kit for prize purposes.